Dr. Michael Ahmadshahi is a highly experienced contract law attorney in Los Angeles with over 15 years of dedicated experience. While most of Attorney Ahmadshahi’s practice is devoted to intellectual property law, a key portion is dedicated to contract disputes and the breach of contracts.
If you or someone you know has entered into a contract or valid agreement and there is a reason to believe that the other party has breached the contract, consider seeking the expert legal advice of the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices at (949) 556-8800 and schedule a consultation with Attorney Ahmadshahi today.
Drafting & Enforcing Contracts – Putting the Needs of the Client First
Many contract law attorneys will begin a consultation by telling their clients what type of cases they normally handle as well as what forms of contracts they have a history of enforcing or have otherwise litigated. With the support of the attorneys at the Ahmadshahi Law Office, it is important to first let the client understand the dedicated passion the firm has to work with business owners and entrepreneurs alike. For the firm, it is important for the clients to understand that their known and unknown needs will always be a top priority. Los Angeles contract lawyer Michael Ahmadshahi will work to solve contract issues as well as help business owners avoid future contract disputes.
The Legal Components of a Contract in Los Angeles and California
As a business owner, it is important to understand the elements necessary to construct a valid contract. It is equally important to understand, however, that every contract will have unique elements. Common legal elements may include, but are not limited to:
- The Agreement – this is commonly referred to the promise to act, which holds all parties responsible in the agreement.
- The Acceptance – The acceptance of an agreement could be made digitally, in writing, verbal, in person, or even over the phone. While a signed contract has the potential to be more enforceable, other forms of contracts can still be valid. Many contract disputes can give rise as a result of issues over the authorization or acceptance of a contract.
- Considerations – This legal theory when mutual parties provide something of value, which convinces both parties to enter into agreement.
- Reciprocated Obligations – This is a binding element that holds all parties responsible to the terms of the contract.
- Competence and Capacity – This element assumes that those who have entered into contract are legally qualified to enter into an agreement. This will generally mean that the parties are of legal age, not under the influence of a substance, and are not under any pressure.
- In-Writing Requirements – Although not all contracts are required to be in writing, some are legally required. For the most part, these agreements will involve the sale and purchase of goods over $500 between the following: sale of property, merchants, or marriage contracts.
Seek the Legal Expertise of an Efficient Los Angeles, CA Contract & Breach of Contract Attorney
In contract law, it is imperative to seek proficient legal support of an attorney who has experience in filing lawsuits against breaching parties in Los Angeles. Attorney Michael Ahmadshahi has handled contract case where the damages were as low as $20,000 up to claims that involved multi-million dollars in damages.
If you have reason to believe that the contract you entered into was breached or you are otherwise looking to protect your rights in a contract, call the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices at (949) 556-8800 today.
Our Los Angeles Office is Located in Century City: Google Maps