As an original creator, you will likely want to legally protect the work you have dedicated time and effort to create. Obtaining protection for your work can help you in various aspects now and in the future should issues arise regarding your creation. The following information will help you understand if obtaining a copyright or trademark is the best option for you. If you need help with regard to your specific case, seek the legal expertise of a knowledgeable Los Angeles lawyer.
Copyrights – Covered by Los Angeles Copyright Attorney
Many creators fail to recognize that establishing a copyright is an instantaneous process. If you have generated a unique and innovative work through a drawing, writing, picture, music, or other material, you have automatic copyright on that work. If another party attempts to infringe on your copyrighted work, you are encouraged to seek the legal expertise of a copyright attorney from the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices.
Los Angeles Copyright attorney Ahmadshahi can help you deal with copyright concerns when another party is jeopardizing your work’s originality.
A few of the issues an expert attorney can help you with include the following:
- Keeping a record of all forms of your original work – this can help you quickly demonstrate the time it took you to create the work, which includes the creation’s course of development.
- In the event that another party infringes your copyrighted work, a proficient attorney can help you file a lawsuit as well as protect your intellectual property rights.
- A copyright will cover all forms of creative work. This includes written material, lyrics and music scores, literary work, paintings and drawings, photographs, and other forms of creative work.
It is vital to protect your intellectual property as soon as another party has infringed your copyright. An attorney with the right legal expertise can help you understand your rights as well as fight for the protection of those rights.
Los Angeles Copyright Attorney Explains Trademarks
A trademark establishes the exclusivity of your business. With a correctly registered trademark, you can count the protection you need to prevent another party from infringing on your unique brand. Consider speaking to a trademark attorney at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices to learn more information about establishing a trademark.
The following information can help you better understand trademarks and how an attorney can help you:
- Trademarks are words, names, symbols, or devices that are used to individualize your products from all others. Through a registered trademark, you can legally protect it from being used by others.
- Service marks have equal characteristics as those of a trademark. These, however, are used to individualize your services from other businesses. The registration of a service mark is fundamental in shielding the mark as your intellectual property.
A proficient attorney with the right experience can help you identify if your mark could be registered. In the event that the United States Patent and Trademark Office denied your petition for a trademark or service mark, an attorney can help you champion for your rights to the marks. If another party uses your trademark or service mark, an expert attorney can help you argue for your rights through intellectual property litigation.
Fighting for Your Rights After Copyright or Trademark Infringement
As a trademark or copyright owner, you have the legal right to protection from infringement. An infringement occurs when a work is substantially similar to your copyrighted materials, or the infringer’s mark creates a likelihood of confusion with your trademark. Usually, infringements are used without permission and this infringes certain rights, which were granted to the trademark or copyright recipient. Michael Ahmadshahi is an expert attorney who has extensive experience in copyright and trademark infringement in Los Angeles, CA. If you own intellectual property that has been unlawfully used seek the legal guidance of the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices, who serves those in Los Angeles and surrounding.
Our Los Angeles Office is Located in Century City: Google Maps