Your business may have a product or process that is exceptionally valuable to your business – so valuable that you want to maintain the rights far beyond the life of a patent. For those processes and products, you need to take great care to assure you are protecting your trade secrets.
Michael Ahmadshahi is a trade secrets lawyer in Irvine, CA who can help you understand how you can protect your valuable trade secrets, and will litigate when legally enforceable secrets are revealed to others. We are located in Irvine, CA and serve clients throughout Orange County and Los Angeles.
- You may have trade secrets in addition to patents. A business may have a patent on a product, for example, but the manufacturing process could be a trade secret. That process needs trade secret protection.
- Protecting trade secrets can be a complicated process. Protecting a customer list, for example, would take a different set of protections than a product formula. Your trade secrets lawyer can explain what documents and systems you need to protect your intellectual property.
- If a product can be reverse-engineered, it cannot be protected by trade secret. A trade secret is know-how that cannot be reverse engineered. In that situation, a patent for the process or product may be the appropriate way to protect your intellectual property.
- If an employee, a partner, a supplier, or someone else who has agreed to protect your trade secret violates that agreement, we can advise you about IP litigation.
Trade Secrets Infringement Litigation
Protecting your trade secrets from infringement can be time consuming and difficult, but if you don’t do it it can cost you everything. Trade secrets infringement can happen a number of different ways:
- Former business partner or employee steals your data, process or ingredients.
- A vendor or parts supplier misappropriates your product or process outside the terms for which was agreed.
- If a person or entity publishes or discloses your trade secrets with the knowledge that the secret was obtained illegally.
If you own a business and believe that your trade secrets were stolen or misappropriated, call an attorney from Ahmadshahi Law Offices in Orange County. Michael Ahmadshahi is an Irvine trade secrets infringement lawyer who has over 15 years of experience, is a former scientist & engineer and hold 3 patents personally. Call us today at (949) 260-4997 or fill out our intake sheet on our contact page today.