When you have created an original idea for a product or the process of making a product, you will want to protect your creation from being copied by others. In an effort to protect your idea and to monetize the product or the process, it is recommended that you obtain a patent.
The attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices can help you secure a patent that will protect your original idea, establish a license to protect the invention, and represent your rights when another tries to infringe against your idea.
Highly Experienced Patent Application Lawyers in Los Angeles, CA
In effort of helping your idea succeed, you will need to ensure that your invention is protected, secured, and will not be unlawfully reproduced. The patent application attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices serving Los Angeles, California will help you prosecute a patent application with the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Michael Ahmadshahi is an experienced patent attorney who can help you distinguish your idea from existing inventions. With his expertise, you can also challenge patent application denials. The Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices have an established reputation of distinguishing original ideas and creations from other existing registered patents.
- The importance of obtaining the support of an experienced attorney arises with the potential of multiple patents within one single invention. An experienced attorney will help you identify all original designs existent within your creation.
- The attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices can guide you through the process of filing for patent protection in other countries through the law firm’s foreign counsel.
- Should another party infringe on your patented invention in any form, the intellectual property attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices will work thoroughly and aggressively to protect your rights in a court of law.
Helping Individuals and Businesses in Los Angeles Apply for Patent Protection
In order to prosecute a patent petition with the United States Patent and Trademark Office, it is advised you seek the professional legal counsel of an experienced attorney who understands your invention and can help you file a complete and thorough application.
- The attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices will conduct a thorough patent search that will determine if another person in the U.S. or another country has previously patented your idea.
- In the event that your invention has not been previously patented, the attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices in Los Angeles will help you draft a comprehensive patent application, which will provide you with the utmost exhaustive protection. The attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices have exceptional research and writing skills that will help you draft a comprehensive description of your invention. The goal is to craft a patent petition that will be specific enough to demonstrate the uniqueness of the original idea but yet broad enough to make it difficult for other parties to create similar products or ideas.
- Once the application has been drafted, it is important to prosecute the application. This generally means that the application will be filed with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. A patent examiner will carefully review the petition and complete a separate search for similar patents. The examiner will then make a decision with regard to your patent and determine if it is “patentable”. If it is, you will receive a letter from the USPTO that will require you to pay a fee for the patent and the patent will be issued. In the event that you receive a rejection letter, the attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices will help you challenge the denial.
- If the USPTO has declared that your idea is not patentable, the attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices will work aggressively to overcome the examiner’s rejections.
Once the patent has been approved, the attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices will work vigorously to protect your patent from infringement by others. If there is an attempt to infringe upon your invention, the attorneys at the Michael Ahmadshahi, PhD, Law Offices will work to represent you in litigation to protect your intellectual property rights.
Our Los Angeles Office is Located in Century City: Google Maps
Michael was very helpful over the phone. He took the time to listen to my product and offered as much guidance as possible. I would definitely recommend Michael to anyone who is just starting and looking for some guidance”
Michael is an amazing lawyer. He completed my business’s Provisional Patent and Term and Conditions. Both the PP and T&C were professional and done in a timely manner. Michael has a personable personality ”
I have known Michael Ahmadshahi Since 2003 and he has done a couple of patents for me and other times I have retained him for just legal advice. He is simply the best at what he does. He is knowledgeable ”